Wednesday, May 15, 2024

30 Days in May: No. 15, Peter Revson, 1973 Gulf McLaren/Offy

 

Majeske collection
Peter Revson started 10th and finished 31st in the 1973 Indianapolis 500.

Welcome to our monthlong countdown celebrating notable drivers and cars from the Indianapolis 500!

A front-row starter the previous two 500s, Peter Revson was the first qualifier for the 1973 race. He started 10th and finished 31st after crashing coming out of Turn 4 after only three laps. That year, I remember my mom taking me to a drug store in the Speedway Shopping Center to meet Revson, who was promoting Rev-Up vitamins, and get an autographed picture, which I still have.

Majeske photo
I was delighted to find Peter Revson's car on display at IMS a few years ago.


Majeske photo
Here's the autographed photo referenced in the article.

Majeske photo
I built this model about a year ago. 



#ThisIsMay #Indy500 @IMS @IMSMuseum @IndyCar @ArrowMcLaren







No comments:

Post a Comment