Sunday, May 15, 2022

30 Days in May: No. 15, Peter Revson, 1973 Gulf McLaren/Offy

Welcome to our monthlong countdown celebrating notable drivers and cars from the history of the Indianapolis 500!

 

Majeske Photo Collection
Peter Revson had an all-too-brief career at Indianapolis.

30 Days in May: No. 15, Peter Revson, 1973 Gulf McLaren/Offy. A front-row starter the previous two 500s, Peter Revson was the first qualifier for the 1973 race. He started 10th and finished 31st after crashing coming out of Turn 4 after only three laps. That year, I remember my mom taking me to a drug store in the Speedway Shopping Center to meet Revson, who was promoting Rev-Up vitamins, and get an autographed picture, which I still have.

I got to reunite with Peter Revson's 1973 Indianapolis 500 ride a few years ago
on Carb Day. 


This display I made years ago is a bit worse for wear, but includes the
autographed photo referenced in the article.


#Indy500 #ArrowMcLarenSP @IMS @IMSMuseum @IndyCar @ArrowMcLarenSP

No comments:

Post a Comment